Introducing the Self-Heating Eye Mask, a remarkable product designed to stimulate the blocked meibomian glands—the natural oil glands in your eyelids—offering much-needed relaxation for your eyes.
With its gentle, moist heat, this mask alleviates the everyday discomforts that often plague our eyes, leaving you with a refreshed feeling and less irritable eyes. You can also use it as a sleep mask to relax before going to sleep.
The Self-Warming Eye Mask gradually warms to the perfect temperature for this delicate area. Its soft, fragrance-free material is exceptionally gentle on the skin around your eyes, ensuring a calming and soothing experience.
- Hydrates and imparts soothing warmth to the delicate skin around your eyes, leaving it soft, moisturised, and rejuvenated.
- Alleviates irritable eyes, making it ideal for those with blepharitis and dry eyes.
- A perfect at-home warm compress for a stye - helps to provide a rapid response against styes.
- Assists with existing dry eye treatments performed by eye care professionals for eye disorders such as meibomian gland dysfunction, blocked meibomian glands, blepharitis, and chalazions.
- Proprietary product with preservative-free and fragrance-free ingredients.
Regular use of the cleanser can help reduce dry eye symptoms and even stimulate tear production. It is your all-in-one solution for maintaining meibomian gland health.
The Self-Heating Eye Mask
Our heated eye masks come individually sealed, ensuring a hygienic experience you can trust. They provide constant, gentle moist warmth at around 40°C for 30 minutes, effectively warming the meibomian glands, facilitating the natural secretion of oils, and offering relief from dry eye symptoms.
No microwave is needed!
After washing your hands, lie down, open the self-heating eye mask pack, and relax while it warms. Afterward, you can rinse your face (if desired) and dispose of the eye mask.
Customers have also told us they make perfect sleep masks!
Traditional warm compresses for the eyes require frequent reheating in the microwave every 2 minutes, leading to time-consuming and ineffective therapy.
This limitation not only makes therapy time-consuming but also hampers compliance, leading to ineffective results, potential risk of burns, and perpetuation of the dry eye cycle.
Our heated eye masks provides relief with our gentle moist warm compress heat therapy – no microwave or electric plug required.
Aelo is dedicated to delivering top-tier products. Our heated eye masks are not only based on rigorous scientific research but also supported by valuable patient feedback and endorsed by our team of experienced optometrists.
Why do we need to cleanse and warm compress our eyes?
Meibomian glands can sometimes get blocked and stop oil secretion due to various factors, including:
- Infrequent blinking resulting from prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Inadequate eyelid hygiene, such as neglecting makeup removal, permits the accumulation of bacteria and debris around the gland openings, thereby causing blockages.
- Prolonged use of contact lenses can irritate the eyelids and disrupt oil production, ultimately leading to blockages, among other potential causes.
These all leads to meibomian gland dysfunction which causes an unstable tear film that evaporates too quickly. The oil can also build up in the oil glands or on the eyelid margin, leading to styes and inflammation of the eyelids.
Warm compress for the eyes improves meibomian gland function and promotes oil secretion. The eyelid and eyelash cleanser helps clear any debris from backed-up oil and fend off inflammation.